Prof. Dr. Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker, Germany
Prof. Dr. Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker is a pioneer of sustainable economic activity. His latest publication is "Factor Five - Transforming the Global Economy through 80% Improvements in Resource Productivity"
Born 25 June, 1939 in Zürich, Switzerland, Prof. Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker studied Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
Further steps in his curriculum are:
- Founding President, University of Kassel
- Director at the UN Centre for Science and Technology for Development
- Director, Institute for European Environmental Policy, Bonn, London, Paris
- Founding President, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment, Energy
- Member of the Bundestag SPD, for Stuttgart
- Dean, Donald Bren School for Environmental Science and Management, UCSB, Santa Barbara, California, USA
- Co-Chair, International Panel on Sustainable Resource Use
- Co-Chair, China Council Task Force on Economic Instruments f. Environment
- Since 2008 working free lance
Among his many awards are the German Environment Prize in 2008 and the German Federal Cross of Merit in 2009. Reading tip: Factor Five. Transforming the Global Economy through 80% Improvements in Resource Productivity
Faktor Fünf. Die Formel für nachhaltiges Wachstum (in German only)